Monday 25 February 2013

Nine more, for a total of 33!

Here are the last nine that I am posting.  I have purchased most of the fabric, but have had 4 friends donate some fabric, laces and $$ - it is much appreciated!

I was surfing the web last fall, and came upon "Little Dresses for Africa".  I knew that I wanted to sew for children in developing countries, so I started, not knowing where I would send the dresses.  The dresses are also known as 'pillowcase dresses', but I didn't use a single pillowcase - just 100% cotton fabric.  The pattern is from Nancy Zieman's site.  I walk with a wonderful group of ladies, most of whom attend the same church, and it was this church that has mission trips to Malawi approximately every two years.  This is the group I was lead to donate the dresses for Malawi.  Hope you enjoy all the posts.
Thanks for stopping by!                             Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment